NOTE: While every effort is made to provide accurate data, neither any persons named in these pages nor the American Council on Gift Annuities guarantees the accuracy of the data presented here. The user of this information is solely responsible for determining and verifying the accuracy of the data presented here and how it is used by the reader. This information is provided solely as a resource. This information is supplied by the ACGA State Regulations Committee.
Degree of Regulation
Issuance of charitable gift annuities is regulated under the Oklahoma Charitable Gift Annuity Act (Oklahoma Statutes, Title 36, Sections 4071-4082).
In order to issue gift annuities in the state, a charity must meet the following regulatory requirements:
- have been in continuous operation for at least three years (or be the successor or affiliate of an organization in operation for that period of time)
- have a minimum of $100,000 in unrestricted assets, not including assets comprising the annuities
- provide notice to the Department of Insurance
- submit an annual filing to the state
- be qualified to do business in the state, which may necessitate registration with the Secretary of State (unless exempt from such registration)
Links to State Regulations
Departmentof Insurance Contact Information
Department of Insurance
3625 NW 56th Street, Suite 100
Oklahoma City, OK 73112