33rd ACGA Conference... a conference on planned giving
Reaching New Heights in Gift Planning
April 25-27, 2018
Sheraton Seattle Hotel
Attending the 2018 Conference
A robust program awaits attendees to the 2018 conference which will be held at the Sheraton Seattle Hotel, April 25-27, 2018.
ACGA Board Member and Washington-insider, Emil Kallina, will lead a symposium at the opening of the conference on the latest update on tax legislation and how it will impact our national philanthropic landscape. Our keynote address will address how an organizational “big idea” was implemented when Phil Knight, the founder of Nike, challenged the Oregon Health Science University to raise $500 million in two years to earn a matching gift from him. Pete Summerfeld will show us how OSHU’s gift planning efforts were an integral part of this fund raising success, and Dr. Tomasz Beer will share how this fund raising success is enabling great advances in the fight against cancer. Conference tracks offer topics for those new to the planned giving profession, seasoned professionals, and business officers.
Registering early can help you save $100 on your registration fee, and as a member of the ACGA you will automatically save an additional $200 on each registration from your organization. If you are not a current member of the ACGA and would like to save $200 on your conference registration, click here to join or renew your membership.
ACGA offers conference scholarships through The Terry L. Simmons Endowment Fund for individuals who would otherwise be unable to attend the Conference without this assistance. Applications are due by December 8, 2017. Applicants will be notified the week of January 8, 2018. Click here to submit your application.
We look forward to seeing you in Seattle this spring!
2018 Conference Sponsor & Exhibitor Opportunities Now Available
It may seem early, but preparations are already underway for the 2018 ACGA Conference. We anticipate another well-attended conference, of both nonprofit staff and allied professionals. With this being our first conference in the Northwest since 2001, we expect to see many new attendees take advantage of the opportunity to combine attendance with donor visits to the area. There are several key sponsorship opportunities available, including ways to feature your organization on the very popular conference app that debuted at the last conference.
Make sure you secure your spot to join us for another outstanding conference. Space is limited and vendors are encouraged to reserve space early. Sponsorships filled rapidly for our 2016 conference, and, unfortunately, we were unable to fulfill some vendors' first choice. For more information regarding various sponsorship levels and to reserve an exhibit booth, click here to download a sponsor/exhibitor packet.
Visit the ACGA 2018 Conference web page for up-to-date information on the 2018 ACGA Conference in Seattle, WA.
2018 Conference Housing Information
Coming to the 33rd Conference on Planned Giving?
Stay at the Sheraton Seattle Hotel
1400 6th Avenue Seattle, Washington 98101
Official ACGA Conference Hotel: ACGA has entered into a contract with the Sheraton Seattle hotel to offer you the best rates on meeting space, food & beverage, and guest rooms. We ask you to collaborate with ACGA to provide the best services at the lowest cost by staying at the Sheraton Seattle Hotel as we are required to fill a certain number of rooms.
To help fill our block of rooms, please reserve your room through onPeak, the official housing partner of the 33rd ACGA Conference. ACGA is proud of our partnership with onPeak. Through onPeak, you'll get MORE than a great deal at our headquarters hotel, the Sheraton Seattle Hotel.
- Convenience: Sleep in for a few extra minutes. Take a break between breakout sessions. Make a call during down time in the privacy of your own room. Avoid walking to the hotel in rough weather or the hassle of driving, parking, and making it to your first breakout session in time. It just makes sense to be where the action is!
- Connect: Your networking opportunities are greatly enhanced when you stay where your colleagues are staying. Meet up with fellow professionals and enjoy dinner together. Hash over yesterday’s events with fellow health-conscious attendees at the fitness center. You’ll probably find your cohorts gathered in the hotel lobby, discussing issues at the heart of your gift planning program.
- Prime Location: Quick elevator ride to the sessions.
- Best Rate Pledge: onPeak comparison shops to ensure our rates are the lowest.
- Book Now, Pay Later: Convenience with flexible policies.
- Reward Points: Add to your hotel loyalty program.
- Exceptional Service: Before, during and after your stay.
2018 Conference Planning Underway
The 2018 ACGA Conference will be held April 25-27, 2018 at the beautiful Sheraton Hotel in downtown Seattle, Washington. Building on the success of the 2016 Conference, the 2018 edition will again feature a broad array of interesting and up to date gift planning topics, presented by a stellar faculty. The opening key note address will be delivered by Pete Sommerfeld, Senior Philanthropic Advisor of the Oregon Health Sciences University Foundation, and the closing plenary address will be delivered by Robert Sharpe, Chairman of the Sharpe Group.
There are some great reasons to visit Seattle!
- Check out Seattle's Top 25 Things To Do
- Want to know what is happening in Seattle? Subscribe to the Seattle Localist newsletter
- Seattle TV!: The “First Takes’ videos will tell the story of real people’s first experiences to Seattle while the “Sounds by the Sound” highlights the music scene in the city.
- Still looking for more reasons to go to Seattle, click here to Visit Seattle.
Registration Terms and Conditions
- All cancellations and/or changes must be received in writing via email/US mail no later than March 21, 2018 to receive a full refund, less a $50.00 processing fee. Cancellations received after March 21, 2018 will not be refunded. We cannot accept phone cancellations.
- You will have the opportunity to change your registrant or guest name until April 18, 2018 for a $25.00 processing fee. After April 18, 2018, no name changes will be accepted. If you need to change a guest’s event registration, there will be a $25.00 processing fee.
- All changes/cancellations received will be confirmed via email from the ACGA office.
ACGA 33rd Conference on Planned Giving
NOTE: Prior to registering for the conference and selecting your sessions, you may want to click here to download a detailed program guide.
*ACGA Members recived discounted registration price for all employees from their organization
Signup as a member to receive the discounted member registration for all of your employees.
ACGA members do not need to login to register for the conference.
However, members will be asked to insert their ACGA member ID to receive the member registration rate.
|Event Date||04-25-2018 1:30 pm|
|Event End Date||04-27-2018 12:30 pm|
|Registration Start Date||07-04-2017|
|Cut off date||04-18-2018 5:00 pm|
|Location||Sheraton Seattle Hotel|